Today was a very busy day! Which is one of the reasons I love this dish so much. It is super easy, no prep needed and provides us a way to get in those much needed omega-3s!
[recipe title=”Easy Peasy Skillet Salmon w/Lemon & Butter Sauce” servings=”4″ time=”approx 20 min” difficulty=”easy” image=”” description=”Savory Salmon with just the right amount of zesty lemon.”]
Credit: The Functional Perspective
– 4 Salmon portions – fresh or thawed if previously frozen
– 2 TB +1 tsp Cold Grass-fed butter
– 1/2 Lemon
– Salt & Pepper – to taste
– Dill(Optional garnish)
1. Pre-heat skillet on medium heat
2. Once skillet is hot spread 1 TB of butter around bottom of skillet to lightly coat skillet, it may take less than the 1 TB depending on size of pan.
3. Place Salmon in skillet with skin side down (or if no skin the darker side where the skin was)
4. Cook for about 5 minutes then add in about 1 tsp of butter before flipping. If using salt sprinkle salt on top of salmon just prior to flipping this first time. As you flip spread some of the newly melted butter so it will be under the flipped salmon.
5. IF your salmon has skin, you can remove the skin at this point with a fork or two, peeling it off with edge of fork.
6. Squeeze a bit of Lemon over the salmon while it is cooking. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes and check for any pink in the middle. If there is pink you can continue to cook or flip one more time.
7. Once the salmon flakes and finished cooking remove from skillet and place on plates.
8. In same skillet melt the remaining butter, once butter is melted squeeze most of the 1/2 lemon. As you squeeze allow the juice to drizzle around the pan. It should sizzle. Let it sizzle for about 30 seconds then drizzle the lemon butter on the salmon.
9. Garnish with pepper and/or dill as desired.
10. TIPS: I only use stainless or cast iron pans. To keep foods from sticking I will heat up my pans before adding any oil. When I do add oil I make sure the oil is cold. Cold butter or cold coconut oil seems to work best at keeping things from sticking.